Energy management and emergency control gear
Energy management is essential for any environmentally conscious lighting design, as well as a standard requirement in Part L of the Building Regulations. New technology in this area is constantly evolving, with a number of different solutions currently available including sensors, dimming and switching components. These additions can reduce costs by as much as 70% and avoid unnecessary energy being used.
Designplan can supply an energy efficient solution for any application; including dimming, presence-detection switches and daylight sensors. We can also offer emergency options that are either integral, remote or stand-alone systems. All of Designplan’s energy management solutions are flexible, efficient, and easy to install, without ever compromising on user safety, lighting quality or the integrity of the luminaire.
Below is an overview of some the options which Designplan offers and please contact us for any further details required for specific products.
Sensors and switching
- MWS – Integral Microwave Sensor Automatic switching or dimming of luminaires based on occupancy
- PIR – External PIR Sensor Automatic switching or dimming of luminaires based on occupancy.
- PEC – Integral Photo Electric Cell For exterior fittings to control the switching between dusk and dawn.
- DLS – Daylight Sensors Adjusts the output of the luminaires to maintain the desired lux level.
- SC – Separate Circuit A number of LEDs or lamps can be switched off via a sensor or switch.
- CF10 – Corridor Function This allows the fitting to dim to 10% when combined with an integral Microwave Sensor or another external sensor or switch.
- DALI – Digital Addressable Lighting Interface For dimming, control and monitoring of driver or ballast, LED or lamp faults.
- DSI – Digital Signal Interface For dimming and control.
- DMX – DMX 512 controls For RGB colour shifting this can also be done through DALI systems.
- RGB More simple RGB controls can be included with some fittings.
- 10V – 1-10V dimming For simple control via on/off switch and rotary dimmer.
- DIM – Switch Dim For simple control via push to make switch.
- EM3 – Maintained To control the entire LED array in emergency mode for a 3 hour duration.
- NM3 – Non-Maintained For exit signs or similar fittings that are just emergency fittings.
- EM35 – Auto or Self Test The unit continually monitors the battery and lamps and signals faults via a bi-colour LED, it also carries out weekly function tests and an annual service life test.
- EM3D – Emergency DALI Allows the battery and lamp to be monitored and tested via a DALI system.
- COR – Change Over Relay Allows the fitting to switch between mains electricity and an emergency back up power supply.
- City Range We have a number of standalone emergency LED units that can be used as Auto Test or DALI monitored.
Copyrights © 2013. DesignPlan Lighting. All rights reserved.