Our luminaires are known for their robustness and durability and this is due to their high IK ratings. An IK rating refers to how much mechanical impact a product can resist and is defined in IEC 62262. An average luminaire has an IK rating of 10, but our experience has taught us that IK10 is inadequate against the sort of vandalism our products are designed to face on a regular basis. We have extrapolated the ratings in IEC 62262 from the 20 joules (IK10) rating all the way up to 150 joules of impact (IK16) and products are tested using a pendulum hammer to the EN60068-2-75 standard. To see a video of this please CLICK HERE.
Please note that EN 60068-2-75 does not allocate codes above IK10. The following codes are extrapolated and assigned IK references by Designplan Lighting.
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 350mm= 35 Joules- IK11
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 500mm= 50 Joules- IK12
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 750mm= 75 Joules- IK13
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 1000mm= 100 Joules- IK14
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 1250mm= 125 Joules- IK15
- 10.0 Kg impacting from a height of 1500mm= 150 Joules- IK16
To view all of our IK16 rated products please CLICK HERE.