Anatomy of an LED fitting
- Toughened glass diffusers – as well as polycarbonate diffusers we offer glass options for many of our fittings. Toughened glass is suitable for walk and drive over in many of our uplighters.
- Advanced LED technology – we use premiuim LEDs that give excellent luminous efficacy and colour rendering results, as well as high quality circuit boards.
- Built to last – die cast aluminium castings are strong, durable and impact-resistant. They are also an excellent thermal conductor which aids cooling and extends the product’s life. We use marine-grade aluminium as standard.
- Integral LED driver – our LED fittings come with an integral driver, which is thermally separated from the LED array to ensure long life.
- Optimum thermal management – all LED luminaires are manufactured with thermal management in mind. Where required a high grade aluminium heat sink is employed to dissipate the heat created.
- Corrosion resistant coat – polyester powder paint is applied electrostatically and then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a ‘skin’. It gives a hard finish that is much tougher than conventional paint.
- 5 year guarantee – all Designplan LED fittings come with a standard 5 year guarantee which covers both the LED array and the driver. Full product guarantees are available on some LED products.