Anatomy of a linear fluorescent fitting
- Tamperproof screws – the screws on our fittings are designed with specially designed screw heads making them very difficult to remove or tamper with. They require a matching screw driver which is supplied with the product.
- Folded steel – steel enters our factory in sheets and is subsequently folded, cut and punched by our machines. It’s then welded into a tough, solid box for the gear tray, lamps and diffuser to be mounted into. Our steel frames will resist the highest levels of vandalism and weather ingress..
- Corrosion resistant coat – polyester powder paint is applied electrostatically and then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a ‘skin’. It gives a hard finish that is much tougher than conventional paint.
- Choice of lamps – Our fittings have a variety of lamping options from 2D, compact and linear flourescents to metal halide and highly efficient, long lasting LED options. The Tuscan angled uses both LED and linear fluorescent lamps.
- Polycarbonate diffuser – we offer various diffusers and lenses for different optical characteristics. Injection-moulded polycarbonate diffusers ensure optimum glare-free lighting. Opal, prismatic and frosted options are also available for some fittings.
- Removable gear tray – quick to install gear trays allow easy access for maintenance and retrofitting new boards into older fittings, a popular choice with our LED replacement geartrays.