We’re all on a sustainability journey. Your objectives can only be met if your partners are committed to setting, meeting and surpassing their own sustainability targets.
Science Based Approach
The short and long-term sustainability targets of Designplan, as part of the Fagerhult Group, have now been validated and approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). Our long-term target to become science-based net-zero is set to no later than 2045.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
An energy efficient, circular product design is key, in practical terms, to ensuring we achieve our combined sustainability objectives. Our goals are to:
- Make luminaires with 30+ year life. For more information CLICK HERE.
- Strive for 100% recyclability.
- Maximise use of recycled materials in our products.
- Reduce our supply chain’s carbon footprint.
- Minimise our facility’s environmental impact.
- Reduce waste.
- Make your installed lighting more energy efficient.
Ultimately we are striving for a “cradle to cradle” approach to lighting.
PDF Sustainability Lighting Guide
Our PDF guide will show you how a retrofit LED gear tray will reduce the energy your installed lighting consumes, and the ways lighting controls will further reduce your carbon footprint. It also details the ways we are reducing our carbon footprint. To download your copy click on the button below.