To help us reduce our carbon footprint we operate from a BREEAM Excellent facility. Sustainability initiatives include rain water harvesting, solar panels and integrated lighting controls throughout the building.
Our Sustainability Initiatives
We are accredited to the ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management systems. We have short and long term plans, to reduce our direct emissions, managed by a dedicated sustainability team. Areas we focus on include:
- Increase use of recycled materials.
- Utilise more low carbon materials.
- Design out materials to reduce waste.
- Minimise supply chain and material miles.
Energy Use In Operations
- Increase energy efficiency in machinery and processes.
- Utilise daylight sensors and factory roof skylights.
- Maximise presence sensors throughout our facility.
- Capture and re-use heat from our paint plant.
Our Achievements, So Far
- Between 2017 and 2021 we have reduced our usage of plastic packaging by 63%.
- 99.8% of our waste is diverted from landfill, after leaving our site month on month.
- Switching to electric vehicles saves 13880 kg C02 per annum based based on an annual mileage of 120,000.
- Since updating our punch machines, we save an average of 43,200 kW a year. This is the equivalent to powering 596 of our Tuscan luminaires over a working year.
- Since 2023, paper tape has reduced the amount of plastic packaging tape by 631 kg.
- Our solar panels and solar wall save 24,380 kg CO2 annually.
- Presence detectors in our paint plant save around 63,000 litres of water per week.
PDF Sustainable Lighting Guide
Our PDF guide will show you how a retrofit LED gear tray will reduce the energy your installed lighting consumes, and the ways lighting controls will further reduce your carbon footprint. It also details the ways we are reducing our carbon footprint. To download your copy click on the button below.